1) Home Pricing- Ensure you go over a thorough home market analysis with your Realtor so you can be sure to price your home strategically from the start. You want to be competitive in the Tampa Bay real estate market so your home doesn’t get overlooked. Talk to your Realtor about price brackets as well. Most shoppers shop in specific price ranges in each neighborhood, such as ‘up to $300,000, up to $325,000, etc). If you’re in a real estate market where pricing your home at $327,000 will make you miss hundreds of shoppers looking at homes for up to $325,000, your Realtor should be able to advise you on that. Homes that are priced too high from the start often end up selling for far less than they would have if they had started at the correct, more strategic price in the beginning.
2) Home Staging- Don’t skip the home staging if your Realtor recommends it. Remember, we see thousands of homes each year in person. We know what appeals to buyers. Spending a few thousand dollars on home staging may net you an additional $10,000 (or more!) in your final sales price. Statistics (and our personal experience) show that vacant, empty homes almost always sell for less money than similar homes that are professionally staged. Staging will cast a positive light on your home’s most important features! If you’re living in your home, staging may not include paying a home staging company to bring in furniture…instead you’ll need to focus on putting away family photos (all of them!), boxing up all those piles of stuffed animals your kids love, and making sure every surface is free and clear of clutter (you love your glass cat collection, buyers won’t). This will also make it easier to quickly dust and clean up before a showing.
3) Photos- The Pinellas Suncoast MLS allows Realtors to enter up to 25 photos for each home listing. Make sure your Realtor is using an experienced photographer with a high quality digital SLR camera and professional grade flash to photo your home (Don’t worry, we do that!). Cell phone photos and ‘point and shoot’ camera photos won’t compare to professional quality ones (which should be provided by your listing agent). The better your photos, the more buyers will want to see your home for sale. Maximizing photos can also increase your home’s likelihood of showing up on various 3rd party real estate websites.
4) Availability- Make sure your home is easy to show. Once it hits the market with a competitive price and beautiful photos, you’ll likely get multiple showing requests. Try to be as flexible as possible for the showings. It’s a lot of work, but will pay off! The more showings you turn down, the less likely it’ll be that you get an offer in those crucial first weeks.
5) Review Every Offer- Even if you receive a low ball offer, always review them with your real estate agent and ALWAYS issue a counter offer. Remember not to take offers personally. Even if the counter is dramatically higher, you never know what will happen. We’ve had MANY deals come together that seemed like a long shot simply because the seller issued a more reasonable counter offer.
Still have questions? Call us at Sandy Hartmann & Associates today at (727) 400-3315 for more information. Or enter your home address below for a FREE online home valuation to get started.
About Sandy Hartmann & Associates Real Estate Team of Tampa Bay FL
Sandy Hartmann & Associates Real Estate Team, your Tampa Bay Real Estate source, has been helping home buyers and home sellers in Tampa Bay, FL since 1979. We deliver a brand of real estate services based on integrity and years of expertise that is unmatched. We are the #1 Keller Williams Real Estate Team in Tampa Bay and we are ranked in the top 1% of Realtors Nationwide. In 2017, we sold over 69 million dollars in homes!
Selling a Home? We use some of the most cutting edge global marketing technology available to get homes sold fast, for top dollar in the Tampa Bay area. As a Keller Williams Luxury Real Estate Agent and as a Global Property Specialist, your home listing will appear on real estate websites in not just the United States, but around the world, in multiple languages. That's right, GLOBAL EXPOSURE.
Buying a Home? 1st Time Home Buyer? Looking for an Investment Property? Sandy Hartmann & Associates will help you find the perfect home for sale at the best price, while easing your anxiety and guiding you to a successful home purchase.
Our real estate team was founded with the vision of becoming the real estate team of choice in Pinellas County & Tampa Bay, FL. That means always putting our customer's needs first, and having the integrity to do the right thing, every time. Come find out why Sandy Hartmann and Associates is the #1 Real Estate Team in the City of Seminole, #1 in the City of Largo, and the #1 Keller Williams Team in Tampa Bay.
It's quite a legacy. One we are proud to be a part of.
Find a Home Today With The Sandy Hartmann & Associates Real Estate Team.
Areas we serve go across the Tampa Bay, FL Metro area. If you're looking to buy or sell a house, condo, townhouse, land, villa, or rehab property, we serve all of Pinellas County and Tampa, FL.
Title Insurance- What Is It & Who Pays For It?When buying or sell
"“My husband and I were very impressed with the expertise and responsiveness of our listing agent, Danielle Lower. She went out of her way to help us through the selling process, from arranging the meetings with the contractors, to working with the home stagers. She is very patient and very professional. After a month of working with her, we got to meet the whole Sandy Hartman team. We are very impressed. We've never worked with such a professional real estate office like that before. Everything is well coordinated. We also appreciated the work of the back office team, very polite & courteous. We sold our dear house in Madeira Beach and then bought another house through our dedicated and trustworthy agent, Danielle Lower. We intend to continue working with her for our future real estate transactions.” "